Sunday 7 February 2016

Shanghai & Mainland China Photo Diary


Happy Chinese New Year! As well as going to Hong Kong last year in September I also took a trip to Shanghai and some cities in Mainland China and I never actually got round to writing about it, and I have so many photos that not many people have seen so I thought I would just post them here!


 Shanghai



Suzhou






Hangzhou

This is a statue of two babies. If you want to have a son then you rub the baby boy's butt, and if you want to have a daughter then you rub the baby girl's butt.














Weird Things I Saw:
  • Two guys in the middle of the road standing in their boxers, and then further down the same road a guy just surrounded by piles of clothing.
  • A guy wearing a t-shirt that said "Supreme Bitch" which my friend now insists that I try and buy him.
  • I get motion sickness really easily and my boyfriend got me these herbal travel patches that you stick behind your ear and I don't know if it was them or because I was extremely tired but I started to hallucinate on a coach and saw a bush we were driving by turn into a dragon and breathe fire.
  • On the same coach I also saw Pinocchio, sitting on the headrest of the seat in front, just staring at me. I told him to fuck off and my boyfriend just looked at me, confused.
The whole time in I was in China I was basically just Karl Pilkington. I had never been out of Europe and everything just freaked me out.


Hope you enjoyed this post! Thanks for reading! 



Bye!

4 comments :

  1. Ha ha! This is hilarious! I'm going to Chengdu, Shanghai and Beijing in March/April. I've been to Beijing before and I noticed all the weird t-shirts people wear too, but nowhere near as weird as your hallucinations!!
    Cx
    charliedistracted.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to go to Beijing so bad! I'm jealous! Haha I find it funny that there are people who don't speak Chinese or Japanese and get t-shirts with Chinese or Japanese symbols on them despite having no idea what they say, and yet the same thing happens over there :') I saw some really weird t-shirts!

      Those hallucinations D: never again! I haven't even seen Pinocchio!

      Delete
  2. Shanghai looks so pretty, I've always wanted to go there! and the last part was so funny haha, The guy wearing that t-shirt must've been so weird

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cityscape in Shanghai is really pretty! Haha, my friend really wants that t-shirt and I managed to find a version of it on eBay so that's his birthday present sorted.

      Delete