Friday 30 September 2016

My Graduation


Around this time three years ago, I was moving into halls, starting my first year at the University of Lincoln. On the way, I had thrown up and the car had broke down, so my first day of moving out and starting my life at university had not begun well.

On Wednesday 7th September 2016, I officially graduated with a 2:1 in English! After spending my first and second year struggling to get above a 2:2, I managed to achieve my goal and get the grade that I wanted!

My three years at university went by so quickly! I stumbled through first year, considered dropping out in second year, and then managed to make it successfully through my final year, achieving grades that I didn't think I would be able to.

After having my writing skills shot down in second year, I ended up getting a really high mark for my dissertation that I had put so much work into! I'm normally terrified of trying my hardest at things, in case it goes badly, but I'm glad I did for my dissertation.

My graduation took place in the Lincoln Cathedral. Lincoln's main tourist attraction for a reason. It's huge and the inside is so elaborate and beautiful. I didn't get to look around much because I was staring at everyone going up, trying to work out what I was supposed to do when I got up there myself.



I was stressing so much, and to be honest, I don't know why. I didn't need to. I didn't have to do a speech or anything like that. Everyone was in the same boat so I don't know why I was so anxious.



My boyfriend, who I met on fresher's week in my first year, was supportive my whole three years. He's what stopped me from giving up and dropping out. He also got me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a cuddly toy that represents me during my whole three years at university.



I will also miss seeing my Heathers/Mental Brigade all the time and not being able to spend all night procrastinating working in the library.



I'm really proud that I managed to get the 2:1 that seemed so unattainable during second year! I'm also really proud that I managed to survive the whole three years.

Thanks for reading! This post is really late, so I'm sorry about that! Right after finishing university I felt really lost and I had no idea what to do with myself, but now things are finally coming together!


Bye!

7 comments :

  1. OMG, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm super proud haha. I wish you the best of lucks and hope you're super happy with this new stage you're starting :)

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D It was grim when I just finished university but now things are finally coming together!

      Delete
  2. Awww Congratulations on such amazing accomplishment!!! Your future is so great!!!
    Jasmine:)
    colorubold.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that you would have best time during your graduation this is why you have great skills of writing blog posts and delivering knowledge to others. Coursework writing services

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best moment of which was associated with the study at the institute, please accept my congratulations. I often think of that day, which would remind yourself that you can overcome any difficulties. I found it very difficult to cope with everything, I often referring to resources for help essay help. It was my weakness, but as a result I got a great pleasure when coped with all the difficulties while studying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My defense of the thesis was only thanks to a https://paidpaper.net/thesis-writing/. The reason is that I spent too much time on sports instead of learning. But that doesn't prevent me from successfully graduate from college. Besides, sometimes I use this service until now.

    ReplyDelete